Launch of call
Launch of call for contest:
Sunday, July 26, 2020
Individuals aged 18 years and over.
Format and presentation:
- Each participant may submit a color photograph in digital format and horizontal framing that has not been awarded prizes in any other contests.
- The photograph should be submitted in JPG format, with a maximum size of 5 MB and 1320×880 pixels with a resolution of 300 dpi. It should not include frame, logos, margins or border.
- The photograph should have a name or title (indicating the project supported by MAR Fund). In addition, the name of the author, the location where it was taken, and the year should be provided. A brief description of the photograph (around 140 words) is also requested. This information will be required on the digital platform.
- Only one photograph per participant will be accepted.
- The photograph should be uploaded on the following digital platform (https://marfund.org/contest2020/).
Photo: Rachel Graham | México.
Photo: Zayda Cleopatra Méndez Parham | Aldea Rio Salado Playa, Livingston, Izabal. Guatemala.
Form and date of submission
- Participants should upload photographs on the digital platform (link provided above) between July 26 and September 30, 2020.
- Photographs shortlisted for the award will be selected by a jury and published on the platform on Monday, October 12 to let the public vote for their favorite one.
- The voting will be from Monday, October 12 to Saturday, October 31 and the results will be announced five business days after voting has ended.
Terms and Conditions
- Photographs submitted to the contest will be included in a free-use image database of the MAR Fund for editorial, communication and resource mobilization purposes or any other non-commercial purpose, giving the respective credit to the authors of the photographs.
- When submitting a photograph to the contest, participants irrevocably surrender to the MAR Fund the permission and rights of use, reproduction, dissemination and worldwide transfer of rights to audiovisual, television, print and electronic media, as well as its unlimited use by the MAR Fund in public or private exhibitions at national or international level for non-commercial purposes.
- Each participant is responsible of ensuring that the photograph submitted has been taken with the consent of the persons pictured, without infringing their privacy rights and any other of their inherent rights.
- By participating in this photography contest, participants agree to keep the MAR Fund and the jury free of any claim, cost or expense, including, but not limited to, damages arising from participation in this contest or any related activity, and acceptance and use, misuse or possession of any prize awarded by it.
- The MAR Fund does not assume any responsibility for any loss of images submitted to this contest.
- MAR Fund staff and/or their relatives are not eligible to take part in this contest.
- Post-production of photographs is not allowed.
- Photographs have to be from real life, not computer-generated.
- Photographs must not infringe any copyright, trademark, contract right or other intellectual right of any third party or entity.
- A jury will select a shortlist of 14 photographs, from which the top three winners will be chosen by public voting.
- Photographs taken between the years 2005 and 2020 (taken before the contingency by COVID-19) will be accepted.
- The 14 shortlisted photographs will illustrate the 2021 calendar of the Mesoamerican Reef Fund.
Photo: Manlio David Martínez Martínez | Lighthouse Reef, Roatan. Honduras
Photo: Mayra Nuñez Vallecillo | Isla de Guanaja. Honduras
Photo: David Sanchez | Merys Place, Roatan. Honduras.
Announcing the call
Announcing the call for contest:
The call for the contest will be announced in the four countries of the MAR through MAR Fund’s social networks and in its website in the MAR News section.
Member funds and focal points of the MAR Fund in the different countries of the region will promote the event through their contact networks
Announcement of winners:
The winners will be announced five business days after public voting has ended in MAR Fund’s social networks, its website and the electronic platform created for this contest.